Sunday, March 22, 2020

City of Lake Worth Beach - Announcement on Bryant Park Boat Ramp Closing

In response to the Coronavirus pandemic, effective immediately, the County Mayor and PBSO have ordered the City of Lake Worth Beach to close the Bryant Park Boat Ramp until further notice. Access will continue to be provided for those currently on the water to return to their vehicles but no further vessels may be launched at this time.

For more information on closures within the City please click here.


(Editors note: I took a bike ride yesterday through Lake Worth Beach. Right after I left my house, I saw three cars in a row headed north with canoes on their roof. It was about 5:15 p.m. They probably spent the day on the Intracoastal Waterway/Lake Worth Lagoon and were headed back home to West Palm Beach. The thought immediately dawned on me, "What a good idea for open air exercise." Later on during the ride, I heard racing of motorboat engines off to the east and then I thought to myself, "That sounds a little lawless to me." Then I wondered how many people were on the water, partying and practicing some reckless abandon as a stress reliever. Apparently, PBSO and others want to focus their efforts on the emergency we face than patrol the waterways. Or at least restrict access to it in the form of one access point. I wonder if other boat ramps are closing?)