Monday, September 28, 2015

New book by John Huddle—"Locked In: My Imprisoned Years in a Destructive Cult"

I had the pleasure of having a conversation with Mr. Huddle earlier this year concerning an issue here in Lake Worth, FL. His insight and the reference material he directed me to was very valuableespecially concerning how vulnerable people (such as people in recovery) can be manipulated by a charismatic or engaging personality.

Recently on Twitter saw this:
Here is a link to Mr. Huddle's website and this is a description about the book soon to be released:
The memoir which I have labored over is very close to release. Locked in includes my story of joining Grace and Truth Fellowship in Greenville, S.C. and the subsequent membership in Word of Faith Fellowship (WOFF) The body of the book has three parts. Part 1 covers the time period until December 2002. The section includes my thoughts when I first witnessed blasting prayer, the practices of the Greenville church and friendships which grew during those years.
     Part 2, Life Inside WOFF, covers deliverance prayer in depth, fund raising practices and pivotal services which I believe were landmarks along the journey. Part 3- Picks up the narrative again in late 2002 extending on through the life changing events of December 2004. This part also includes my exit in July 2008 and the events of December 2008.