Wednesday, April 1, 2015

From The Florida Squeeze: abandoning progressive principles for pragmatism

Surprising news from The Florida Squeeze! They're changing their name to "Democrats for Jeb!" Their reasoning seems a bit suspect and it is April 1st. However, here is an excerpt from Kartik Krishnaiyer at The Florida Squeeze (soon to be Democrats for Jeb!):
After years of resentment about Democrats who did not behave the way I felt Democrats should, I have decided I really want to be part of this cozy club, where ideology does not matter except for one aspect – making money. Supporting Jeb Bush as a Florida Democrat will be a financial windfall and after years of playing progressive, why continue to fight it? I also realize since so many prominent Democrats in the past have openly supported Governor Bush, that if I wanted to obtain leadership in such a group, I better jump now.