Thursday, September 18, 2014

Coconut Grove Grapevine: Fred Hunt

Our condolences go out to AnnaMaria in her time of loss.

It was 2010 and I was communicating with someone from Coconut Grove via email. She was interested in moving to Lake Worth with her husband as she saw Lake Worth's potential as a haven for artists. We communicated off and on. In April of that year, my father's second wife past away suddenly and I was going to be spending time with him during the summer and would need someone to watch and/or stay in my house while I was gone, I off-handedly suggested that she and her husband stay in my house while I was away to make looking for properties here easier, rather than commuting back-and-forth all the time.

She liked the idea and thought that would work out. The ironic thing was that she was house-sitting at the time in Coconut Grove and the two dogs in that house were named "Moon" and "Star." My dogs names then were "Mars" and "Venus." Thus, this alignment signaled that it was a match made in heaven. I was able to spend quality time with my father, while Fred and AnnaMaria got to know Lake Worth better, watch my house in the meantime and take care of the dogs.

The rest is history.

I will miss Fred and his quiet wisdom and creativity. Click title for a link to a remembrance of Fred Hunt from the people in Coconut Grove.