Thursday, May 23, 2013

Daily What?!: Yarnbomb Crochet Picnic in Union Square by Olek | Untapped Cities

Sort of performance art from the now-I've-seen-it-all category.  Anyone like to knit and crochet here in Lake Worth?  This is what the artist says about her work:
I crochet art installations, performances and actions to comment on the economic and social realities of the variety of communities I have been part of, to bring color, energy and surprises to the spaces we live in.
For me, life, crochet and art are inseparable. Anyone who enters my world will be sooner or later become transformed into my pieces. Lovers, friends, complete strangers…The suits take on their forms, but the form inside becomes completely invisible.
Don’t you ever wonder who is hidden inside these silent, crocheted skins? Who exactly are these people who allow me to encase them from head to toe? You have to find the end of the yarn to unravel the story.
Click title for link.