Saturday, March 23, 2013

Coming up on the City Commission's April 2, 2013 regular meeting agenda...

I will be giving an update as chair of the Historic Resource Preservation Board.  On a rotating basis, approximately every six months, volunteer advisory boards are asked to highlight recent activities and programs and share that information with the public and the Commission.  The last time I made a presentation like this was last October.  Yesterday, I put together a simple PowerPoint presentation of the sorts of applications we have reviewed as a board and highlighted our various historic districts within the city.

Part of the presentation will include the unveiling of this brochure put together by the city's historic preservation staff.  I think it is excellent work and a concise educational piece on historic preservation and what it means in the city of Lake Worth.  It also has a very old picture of the Gulfstream Hotel that I had never seen before.  Do check it out.