Monday, May 9, 2011

BOOKCYCLE update

A while back, I may have sent you an email about my BOOKCYCLE. Every day, I ride my bicycle on a 10-mile loop to downtown Lake Worth, over to the beach and then back home, distributing books from my BOOKCYCLE along the way. 
 
The response has been surprising and funny. Tourists often have their photos taken with me and the BOOKCYCLE at the beach, and people have started following me in their cars making videos with their I-phones. I regularly meet some very interesting people along my daily route. 
 
What started as a bit of a lark has taken on a life of its own.
 
Last week, the Palm Beach Post newspaper sent a reporter and photographer over to the beach to do an hour-long interview and photoshoot with me and the BOOKCYCLE for a feature story in their magazine section.  It will be published the first week of June.
I have created a BOOKCYCLE website to record the whole weird and wonderful experience:  http://bookcyclebooks.wordpress.com


 Timothy Lunney