Sunday, January 16, 2011

Catching up...

I've been a little distracted recently and have been lacking time to get caught up on the blog.  Not that there isn't enough to talk about - there is.  Yesterday, my father left for Indiana after a ten day visit here.  It was nice to spend time with him, participate in the classic car show at the Breakers and travel around Florida to see relatives and long term friends.  I have also gotten back into bike riding - as part of a New Year's resolution.  It's been two weeks now and I am already seeing positive changes in my energy levels and physique - yes, I do have one.    Some of you that have known me a long time might remember seeing me peddling on our local streets.  But, the last time I did so on a regular basis was over five years ago.  Back problems and general inertia were to blame.  It was amazing how physically easy it was to start again - it was the psychological part that was the most difficult.  Now I am back into at least a 10 mile every other day rhythm and it feels great.

Things I am working on that you will be seeing shortly.  Forget trying to see, download and decipher the plans for the beach from the City's website.  I spent most of the morning converting the pdfs to jpegs and will be posting them on here later today.  There is also a memo from the City Manager about hiring a "police consultant" to determine ways to save money on the sheriff's contract - or re-establish our own police department.  It's a long one and a must read.  You can get a start on it here and I will be adding my two cents soon.  There is a lot to discuss there.  The item will appear on this Tuesday's (1/18) City Commission agenda.

Later - hope you enjoy the weekend!

Oh, and here is a link for the item that appears in the first comment.  Sarah "Echo" Steiner is part, and one of the founders, of the dominant, hierarchical, prejudicial, non-democratic political machine currently in supreme power in Lake Worth's race to the bottom.