Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A few months ago...

I received an invitation from Lynn and Marty Weisberg who are organizers of the Retired Educators Social Club.  They are located in greater Boca Raton.  The invitation was to speak at their November meeting on immigration and its impact on urban planning.  I gave the talk yesterday before almost 70 people.  I brought them up to date on immigration and citizenship statistics from the U. S. Census Bureau and then related Lake Worth's experience in dealing with the unintended consequences of a new population of people.  You can read my notes from the talk by clicking here.

I got a lot of good feedback and it was great seeing a group of people wanting to be engaged in the critical topics of the day.  Thank you Lynn and Marty for the opportunity to speak!