Sunday, April 25, 2010

An e-mail received from a loyal reader...

At the risk of pouring gasoline on the fire, here it is.  This is without editing on my part, including the colored highlights.  Ms. Hayes is a property owner in the southwest part of Lake Worth and has tried unsuccessfully rezone her property. She is an intervenor with DCA regarding the finding of our Comprehensive Plan being found "in compliance."  She is now of the radar screen of those who have an interest in making sure the Comprehensive Plan stays "as is" - with draconian height restrictions and returning the Sunset property to a County land use designation.  Also, at the City Commission meeting this week, under Public Comment on Un-Agendaed Items, a property owner adjacent to the cemetery said that she has tried to get the city to fence the area around the private homes that border the cemetery.  Just last week she was burglarized again and the perpetrators came from the cemetery.  At the end of her comment, the One High Vice Mayor, Commissioner Golden yelled at her, "And it costs $_____" I couldn't hear the amount she blurted out.

South Pine Street Saga - Part One

Whee, Lynn is "out there" too assumptive and speaks on issues she has no knowledge of.  Loves to use me as her example.  She did NOT attend any of my meetings with the city...neither did Katie...

BTW, my neighbors signed more than one petition, in support of the requested zoning change and attended Creation of Master Plan , Stk. Holder, SAC Meetings & Submitted Residential Input.  Both on S. Pine st. and neighboring Ridge St.  I think on Royal Palm too, if my memory serves me correctly.  Also, one of my neighbors requested me to insert apartments into the Petition.  So, I did.. The City Did invite all residents living with in 400 ft. of my property, to attend a meeting and express Any comments.  NOT one person who attended voiced they Didn't Want the zoning change.  They WANTED or were OK with the change!

For the record: I request to make the re-zoning of S. Pine St. MF20 (not mixed use), I requested to, make my project condo-town homes (single family residential) - reality, just attached together SF 7 etc..) I also, offered/requested for my property to be 100 per cent owner occupied w/ a clause for No renters/sublet for min 5 years or longer at the cities leisure... and language to be in the change, inserted for the rest of S. Pine St. to reflect in essence the similar manner.

She misquoted me, re: including "B" St. in the zoning change.  At one time, few yrs. ago; I wanted, to include "A" St. because; of Commercial Type Uses' at either end of Pine Crest Cem.. A Nursing Home on Royal Palm and a Trailer Park on 12th Avenue S.  Also, there was an interest by a large developer to purchase all of "A" and S. Pine ( they wanted to redevelop the whole area and create a beautiful, asticily pleasing, safe area ) All this within walking distance to a State Park and Barton Elem., Lake Worth High, Tri-Rai, L.W. Trolley and a Publix w/in a 1 1/2 mile either direction.
Also, at one time during the creation of the Master Plan (map); all of the Barton Rd. area was ear marked SF TF 14.  Some how it is not reflected now.  I missed the part where it disappeared..didn't get the memo on that one (he he).

My statement in re: to Commish. Mtgs, Crirminal Activity in the area needs to be clarified (was clarified w/ city @ meetings)

A majority of the the CRIMINALS lived/live in Single Family Residential Units (HOUSES). NOT duplexes, apartments, condos or town homes inthe S. Pine St. area.  In the 600 blk of S. Pine was/are HOUSES THAT ARE RENTAL UNITS, Property Appr. refects  owner occupied re; homestead.  But, the owners Rent the (Houses) out and claim/ed homestead.  This where most of the Drug Dealing, Crime and Criminal Activity came/comes from. that, affected owner occupied residents.

Another area for that type of activity came from the UNPROTECTED Cemetery ( Needs a Dam* Fence!).  It has been used for many rs. for all kinds of criminal acts including (MURDER).  All but, one of the  homes on the cemetery are (owner occ.) 1 is a duplex,(not included), have been robbed multiple times.  Guess what; the robber who was aventually caught lived in S.F. 7 Residence ( HOUSE) on "B" St.  We also, suspect he was the same person who STRONG ARM ROBBED my neighbors wife behind my property.  Lets not forget My eldest son found and picked up the Gun used in the S/A Robbery, while helping a neighbor clean up their lawn. (they live on the cemetery). So, the robber robbed the property behind me and ran past my yard across S. Pine through the cemetery and then home to "B" St. after ditching the Gun on my neighbors property.

There is one particular house on S. Pine (problem property) has been used a distribution point for (Drugs and "Criminal Hang Out") for years ( the responsible owner, attempting to clean up the area & wanted to redevelop it ) but, incurred the same problems, I have w/ the city.  He eventually sold the property to Church People.  The wanted to build a Church there, but, same thing; no cooperation w/ city.

Saga to be continued...

Wes, Please feel free to  republish if you feel it warrants.

Thank You
Ms. Hayes