Saturday, February 27, 2010

FYI - I had a nice telephone conversation with Gail Shepherd

She is of the mind that the issue is petty, but I explained my thinking and how my sensitivity to the issue stems from being an urban planner.  She commented on the icy relationship Cara and I seem to have.  I told her there are basic philosophical differences and that I don't think Ms. Jennings realizes that sustainable development has an economic component  - that many of our fiscal problems stem from lack of investment and redevelopment.  The fact that Ms. Jennings actively campaigned against me both times I ran probably has something to do with it.  I am not adverse to talking with her and working with her to make the city better. I just feel that my input is not wanted or welcomed.  And I do make a better friend than an enemy.

We also agreed that the more we talk about Lake Worth and the issues we face, the better we will be as a community.