Monday, November 2, 2009

Click here for New Times Interview - Wes Blackman on Immigration and the Lake Worth Resource Center

Good summary of a rather lengthy telephone conversation with Gail Shepherd, Lake Worth resident and blogger for New Times. The chat took place last week. Let me know if you have any questions about my position. The main points are that I support the concept of the center, but would like to find a long-term home for it that better meets its operational needs and one that doesn't utilize a city recreational facility. I've pledged my skills as an urban planner to bring that about. I would also respect the existing lease the center has with the city when elected. And, my biggest issue is to make sure that it serves all communities in Lake Worth - like the Haitian community, for example.

Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Wes Blackman for City Commissioner District #3