Saturday, November 8, 2008

Unedited Confession by a Cara Jennings Supporter

It was me. I did it and I acted alone. Cara knew nothing about it. In fact, if she had known she would have asked me not to, but I did.

I took a copy of Mary's DUI judgement and cross referenced it to confirm it was the same Mary Lindsey. It was. Although this information had made the behind the scenes rounds, time was running out to bring it to the fore. The reasons I did this are many. Every interaction I have ever had with Mary has been unpleasant. Her attempted control of me, brow beatings, being called stupid, dismissed, challenged, made to feel "less than" were simmering inside me.

This particular DUI was issued in 1997. Some say that is too long ago. But, Cara's Radical Cheerleading, used as a campaign weapon by Mary, happened in 1996 according to Google.
In filling out job applications recently I see the question, "have you ever plead guilty, no contest or been convicted of a crime? There is no time limit. On the Scarlett Pimpernel web site the question was asked, "should a person reveal an arrest in their past if running for office? The answers were all yes.(9 yes, 0 no).

I still wouldn't have done it if Mary hadn't acted so self-righteous with every action she took and word she spoke. Her writings are rants against everybody else. The thought of her sitting on the dais made me shudder.

I never represented to Mr. Jordan that I was acting on Cara's behalf. He assumed that, although I can understand why. I should have stated to him that I was acting alone. I can't let Cara take this unrelenting heat for something she and her campaign knew nothing about.

Do with me what you will.

Signed, Donna Ross