Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Historical Society of Palm Beach County - Annual Meeting

Yesterday, I attended the Annual Meeting of the Historical Society of Palm Beach County. It was held at the St. Ann's School Gymnatorium in Downtown West Palm Beach. I have been a member of the Historical Society's Board of Directors since 2002. The by-laws dictate that you can only serve a maximum of two consecutive three-year terms. In recognition of my service to the organization, I received an award that you can see pictured below.

If you haven't been there already, I urge you to visit the restored 1916 Courthouse in Downtown West Palm Beach. There you will find the Richard and Pat Johnson Palm Beach County History Museum. The Society's administrative offices are found in the same building. You can schedule an appointment to review parts of their extensive archival material that document the County's history. I understand, with the addition of this new facility, the demand for archival research is high and there is a waiting list stretching into June.

Here are some pictures from the meeting:


Click on the frame to see a full screen slide show where you can control the display speed.