Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving...

I'd like to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. I plan to enjoy the feast with a group close friends later this afternoon. Here is an assortment of Thanksgiving prayers and sayings that help convey the meaning of this special day:


For each new morning with its light,

For rest and shelter of the night,

For health and food,

For love and friends,

For everything Thy goodness sends. - Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)


Do not get tired of doing what is good. Don't get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time. - Galatians 6:9

We give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way. - ritual chant

Once, when my feet were bare, and I had not the means of obtaining shoes I came to the chief of Kufah in a state of much dejection, and saw there a man who had no feet. I returned thanks to God and acknowledged his mercies, and endured my want of shoes with patience - Sadi, The Gulistan

On Thanksgiving Day we acknowledge our dependence. --William Jennings Bryan

Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving. --WT Purkiser


"Political advertisement paid for and approved by Wes Blackman for Commissioner – District #3"