Thursday, July 20, 2006

Where do I begin...

...to tell the story of this week? Let's see. Meeting Monday morning on the presentation and materials for the joint meeting regarding the Master Plan (Remember: July 27, 2006, 5:30 p.m. at the Golf Course Clubhouse), City Commission Tuesday night, getting home at 2 a.m. and then finding that I had only one dog in the backyard, instead of the two I had before I left the meeting. "Mars" had escaped the confines of my supposedly secure and fenced backyard sometime during my absence. Maybe he went to look for me due to the unusual absence of his "Dad"? Anyway, so instead of heading to my bed, I ended up roaming the streets yelling (although not too loudly) "Mars - cookies - Mars - cookies" over and over again until 3 a.m. - trying not to sound like a madman and trying not to panic. I did get some help in the search by a good friend (any friend that responds to a 2 a.m. phone call is a good one!) who even happens to work at Palm Beach County Animal Control. After driving aimlessly around the sleepy streets of northern Lake Worth, we finally found him on Maryland, just a block north of my house - walking down the street like nothing unusual happened. He jumped in the car and got his "cookies". The next day, upon further inspection, there is a hole in the fence that the two of my "children" have been working on, apparently. For the sake of balance, my other "child" is "Venus". She is a little more stout than Mars and can't quite fit through the hole. Time for repairs to the fence, in the mean time, they are staying in the house and being walked for their necessities. They are great "kids" and I don't know what I would do without them.

Anyway, the next day, besides working, we had our reception for our PZHRPB members who are leaving and welcomed the new members. Some people dropped by on their way to the Joint Meeting with the Affordable Housing Task Force and socialized. It turns out that the City of Greenacres Planning Commission meets on the same night as our PZHRPB and I had an application to present there. An unusual coincidence. Their meeting starts at 7 and I was back at the Lake Worth meeting around 9:30.

We were on the topic of "Lake Worth Corners" - had just begun.


See future post on Lake Worth Corners.

"Political advertisement paid for and approved by Wes Blackman for Commissioner – District #3"