Friday, June 23, 2006

Correction to 6/23 Article in PB Post

According to Nicole Janok, the editors have agreed to print a correction (look for it on the inside lower left hand corner of the front page of tomorrow's (6/24) edition of the paper.) I pointed out that, contrary to the article, the "alternates" are actually full voting members when it comes to items before the Historic Preservation Board - essentially the Planning and Zoning Board is 7 members with 2 alternates and the Historic Preservation Board is a 9 member board.

The second item concerned the following paragraph which appeared on page 7c:

"
The appointments leave the board without a member with a strong historical preservation background."

I pointed out my background and I guess they agreed that I might have a strong background in historical preservation.

Things that make you go "Hmmmmmmm".

[update from 6/24 - They took care of the voting issue, however I guess they don't consider my background in historic preservation a strong one. You can be the judge of that]

"Political advertisement paid for and approved by Wes Blackman for Commissioner – District #3"